About Lorimer Fostering
Lorimer Fostering is a well-established Independent Fostering Agency based in Manchester. We’ve been placing vulnerable children and young people with loving foster families across the North West for over 10 years now, changing hundreds of lives along the way.
Lorimer continually put the children and young people at the heart of their agency and work closely with local authorities to provide safe and stable homes for young people to grow up in and helping them realise their potential.
We have developed a reputation of excellence over the years as one of the best fostering agencies who provide an intense level of support to our foster carers and young people. We are extremely proud of this!
As one of our professional foster carers, you’ll help to make a real difference to children’s lives. At times it won’t be easy dealing with emotional and behavioural difficulties. But we’ll make sure you’ve the training, qualifications, support and professional skills you need to provide vulnerable young people with a feeling of security and belonging, as well as a positive experience of family life.
Every fortnight, you’ll also receive a generous professional fee and fostering allowance to enable you to provide high quality care. So, read on to discover how you can join our supportive team of professional foster carers.
We believe in nurturing young people, promoting their welfare and putting their needs at the heart of our foster service and everything we do.
Passionate about helping children to grow up to be the person they want to be – we live and breathe these values:
- Make every aspect of our service as safe as possible
- Help young people to build secure relationships in warm, nurturing and respectful foster homes
- Enable all young people to fulfil their potential and live healthy lifestyles
- Always put the needs and welfare of young people first
- Act as positive role models and help children to move on to independence or a permanent placement
- Provide all of our foster carers with the high quality training, support and supervision they need to make a difference
- Listen to the views of young people and our foster carers so we can make our services and support even better.