Transferring Fostering Agency
If you are already a foster carer and are unhappy with your agency then it is entirely your choice whether you stay or speak to other agencies with a view to becoming a foster carer with an agency that best suits your needs!
If you find yourself in this situation then we, at Lorimer Fostering, are here to support you and we will do what we can to offer advice and guidance on the steps you will need to take.
“We considered lots of agencies when we were looking to transfer but after meeting Billy, we felt that Lorimer was the best fostering agency for us! He instantly put us at ease and we loved how it had that family feel.” Lorimer Foster Carer
Why Transfer to Lorimer?
As a Lorimer foster carer you’ll be at the heart of our service. So, you can expect to receive the highest levels of support from the very beginning. We take great pride in the ongoing support we offer and are always applauded for this.
- Respite – every foster carer and every foster child is different so we recognise the need to be flexible with the respite services that we offer. As a Lorimer carer you are entitled to 2 weeks respite/holiday allowance and/or days out allowance. You can break the 2 weeks (14 days) up as you see fit, for example you can take 1 weeks respite away from fostering plus 4 days additional holiday pay plus 3 separate days out additional pay. It is built to suit each and every carer and their different circumstances.
- Additional Allowances – birthdays and Christmas can be expensive occasions so we pay a separate allowance, per child, to help ease the pressures of buying presents.
- 24/7 support – access to fostering professionals all day, every day with regular visits from your Supervising Social Worker.
- Membership Scheme – our carers are automatically signed up to the Foster Talk membership scheme where you will have access to a whole host of great benefits to help you within your role as a foster carer.
- Training – advance your skills with our comprehensive training schedule including weekend sessions & remote learning via the internet.
- Extended support – access to our Support Workers on an assessed needs-led basis.
How Do I go about Transferring Fostering Agencies?
You will still be required to complete a full assessment, very similar to the process you went through to become approved with your current agency. However, given you are already fostering it takes a lot less time to complete and it should be very straightforward.
There are some slight differences though and those will all depend on whether or not you have a child in placement.
I have a child in placement –
Ensuring that the child’s interests and well-being remain the priority we will sit down with your current agency and the local authority to discuss how to go forward to ensure minimal disruption. You don’t need to worry we will guide you and assist along the way.
I do not have a child in placement –
Then all that you are required to do is provide your current agency with a letter outlining your wish to give 28 days notice. Once this has been done you can then make a formal application to us. We will need to obtain a reference from your current agency as part of the assessment process.
“I’ve been a Lorimer Foster Carer for many years. All the staff are fantastic, there is always one of them on the end of the phone no matter what time it is. They don’t just work for the children, they work hard for their Foster Carers. As an agency they help us in every way possible. Lorimer are definitely the best fostering agency for us.” Lorimer Foster Carer
What do I do next?
Please get in touch with us, it’s that simple! We will arrange to come and see you for an informal chat about what’s involved and what the next steps are. Just fill out the form below and one of our friendly team members will contact you.