Foster Care Fortnight Campaign: Monday 11th to Sunday 24th May
Foster Care Fortnight is The Fostering Network‘s annual campaign to help raise the profile of fostering in the UK. This year, it will take place from Monday 11th to Sunday 24th May. The overarching message of every FCF campaign is that ‘foster care transforms lives’.
This year, the theme for the Fortnight is ‘This is Fostering’, which provides an excellent opportunity to highlight the incredible work that Foster Carers and other foster care workers are doing, especially in such unusual circumstances. Foster Care Fortnight invites the outside world to take an authentic look in to foster care and the lives of foster families.
We want wider society to understand and value fostering and the positive difference it can make to young people’s lives. We hope this increased awareness will build support for fostering, challenge stigma surrounding children in foster care and encourage more people to consider fostering.
Ultimately, we want to create the momentum for change, both inside and outside of the fostering community, that we know is needed to make foster care the very best it can be.
What to Expect
We know the amazing things that our Foster Carers do every single day, and we want to showcase this throughout the #ThisIsFostering campaign. If you are a carer and have pictures, videos, poems, blog posts or anything else – we want to hear from you! Let us know what fostering means to you, and what your #ThisIsFostering is. Please tell us a little bit about yourself, what your fostering is, and how it has changed your life, and maybe others’ lives around you too.
You can email your submissions into us, or send them to your Supervising Social Worker to pass on. We look forward to hearing all about your experiences!
Other Ways to get Involved
The Fostering Network has shared some information about different ways you can show your support throughout the fortnight. Take a look below:
“Here are five great ways you can support the campaign.
- Share a photo – we want to see #FCF20 everywhere! There is a full colour and printer friendly version of the placard you can download, but we would love you to be creative! You could also download the ‘colour your own’ placards in English or Welsh. You could write the hashtag on your hand, stencil it onto a cake or sculpt it in plasticine! We love seeing your pictures shared online, so be inventive and think about how to make it relevant to the theme!
- Use a Twibbon – you can do this online. The FCF Twibbon will transform your social media profile picture into something that raises awareness of fostering to your friends and followers while not detracting from your chosen image.
- Donate– We are ambitious for fostered children and young people. We believe in their potential and want them to have every opportunity to flourish. Every donation we receive helps us to create change, lead practice development, promote fostering and offer advice and support.
- Share the campaign film – at the start of the campaign the Fostering Network will post the film on their website and social media channels. Please share it when you see it and encourage others to do the same.
- Get the message out – At the heart of this campaign is the need to raise awareness of fostering. We would love you to engage your friends, relatives and others by sharing your fostering experiences. After all, who better to talk to than you, the experts, who live and work fostering every day!”
Get in Touch
If you live in the North West and are thinking about becoming a Foster Carer, please get in touch. Lorimer Fostering can provide lots of information on what fostering is and the type of children that need fostering. Just call us on 0800 038 77 99 or Request a Call Back via the capture form below.