- Salary: £37,000 to £42,000 (depending on experience, qualifications and duties)
- Contract: Permanent; Full or Part Time. To start as soon as possible
- Hours: 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. Some evenings and weekend work as and when needed
- Location: To support foster families in the North West of England. Head office in Manchester. There will be some remote, home and office-based working involved when undertaking the role
Lorimer Fostering is currently seeking an enthusiastic, energetic and Social Work qualified Fostering Senior Supervising Social Worker / Team Manager to join our established team. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate, as the role is integral to the development and operation of the agency. The role may also involve succession planning to the position of Registered Manager in due course.
The ideal candidate will be confident and self-motivated with a flexible approach. You will have strong leadership qualities to manage the staff team and implement the vision and strategy of Lorimer Fostering. You will have a recognised and accredited Social Work qualification and valid Social Work England registration.
In-depth experience of working within a fostering service for young people is required as is having extensive knowledge of the relevant legislation. If you do not already hold a Level 5 in Leadership or other similar management qualification, then you must be willing to undertake this or a similar qualification.
You must be very strong in your IT skills and in your recordings; being able to type quickly is essential.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will be accountable for the strategic planning, development and implementation of all aspects of the resources and functions of Lorimer Fostering. You will exercise effective leadership of staff, foster carers and day-to-day operations in a way such that the fostering service is well organised, managed and staffed in a manner that delivers the best possible care and support to meet the individual needs of the foster children and their carers.
This will include, but not be restricted to:
- Holding an active case load (about half of that of a SSW)
- Undertaking and supervising Form F assessments
- Monitoring and supporting positive outcomes for fostered young people
- Retention and support of foster carers
- Overall management of the fostering service and the staff team
- Managing and participating in Ofsted inspections, ensuring the agency strives to achieve and maintain our high standards at all times
Lorimer Fostering is an independent fostering agency based in the North West of England with its head office in Sale, Manchester. We’ve been at the heart of fostering for almost 20 years, helping and supporting amazing foster families to love and care for hundreds of young people.
- £37,000 to £42,000 (depending on experience, qualifications and duties)
- 33 days of annual leave including bank holidays, increasing 1 day per year up to 36 days
- Great working environment
If you would like to join our established team who strive to improve the outcomes for children and young people in the North West, please visit our Indeed job adverts page at Lorimer Fostering jobs in Manchester, Greater Manchester | Indeed.com or submit an up-to-date CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.