- Salary: £35,000 to £40,000 (depending on experience, qualifications and duties)
- Contract: Permanent; Full-Time. To start as soon as possible
- Hours: 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. Some evenings and weekend work as and when needed
- Location: To support foster families in the North West of England. Head office in Manchester. There will be some remote, home and office-based working involved when undertaking the role
ABOUT LORIMER FOSTERING SERVICES
Our Vision is to:
‘Offer measurably high-quality fostering services, through caring, supportive placements for our children and young people, which strive to achieve successful outcomes for each and every child.’
We at Lorimer Fostering are seeking an enthusiastic, energetic, qualified Supervising Social Worker to join our established team. The position will be full time (usually 9am to 5pm); there will also be a requirement to undertake some work in the evenings and/or weekends to meet the needs of the agency (e.g., training, assessing, marketing or supporting carers).
The ideal candidate will be empathetic, understanding, highly organised with excellent communication skills, both written and verbally. You will be confident and self-motivated with a flexible approach. You will have the ability to use your own initiative and prioritise your workload effectively and you will have strong IT skills. Equally important is the ability to learn new processes effectively, to make a positive contribution and be open to new ideas. You must be able to drive and have access to a car for day-to-day work purposes.
You will need to be a qualified Social Worker, registered with Social Work England.
- £35,000 to £40,000 (depending on experience, qualifications and duties)
- Excellent supervision and professional support package offered
- Good training and development opportunities
- 33 days of annual leave including bank holidays, increasing 1 day per year until 36 days is reached
- On-calls are inclusive within the above package
- Car allowance is inclusive within the above package
- Pension scheme
- Great working environment
Lorimer Fostering is an independent fostering agency based in the North West of England with its head office in Sale, Manchester. We’ve been at the heart of fostering for almost 20 years, helping and supporting amazing foster families to love and care for hundreds of children and young people. Quality of service is our priority.
We are a progressive agency who strive to be the best at what we do. We need new members to compliment our existing team and expand and diversify our offer to children, young people and carers.
We welcome applications from interested individuals who are:
- committed to providing the best possible care and support for children, young people and foster carers
- have high professional standards with a relentless focus on quality
- are creative and innovative in their approach to working with challenges
- are team players, with a flexible, can-do attitude
If you fit the bill and would like to join our established team who strive daily to improve the outcomes for children and young people in the North West, please submit an up-to-date CV. Please include your email address on your CV so we can send an application form for you to complete.
Lorimer Fostering is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. Therefore, it is a requirement that the successful candidate is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, which will be paid for by us.
For more information and an application form, please contact Jonathan (Khan) via firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, you can apply for the Fostering Panel Member role by filling out the form here.